Congratulations goes out to the top ranked youth players on the NDFC year end ranking list as of September 30, 2023.
- Junior Female - Sofia McFarlane (AB)
- Senior Female - Kylie Chapman (AB)
- Junior Male - Jaxson Danis (AB)
- Senior Male - Nathan Osmond (AB)
Complete Year End List
If interested in hosting youth NDFC ranked tournaments, contact email@example.com
The following positions are up for election at the 2024 Annual General Meeting in Ste. Hyacinthe in June:
Youth Development Director
With the exception of President, nominees for any position on the NDFC Executive must be an NDFC member in good standing in a Province or Territory for three (3) consecutive years and/or served on a Member Darts Body Board of Directors.
The deadline to submit the nomination form is March 23, 2024. Further details are included on the nomination form.
As determined at the 2023 AGM in Ste-Hyacinthe, please be advised of the new Bull Rule that took affect on October 1, 2023. All -01 matches will begin with throwing at the bull and there is never another bull thrown, even if it is for the deciding leg. This mirrors the bull rule as contained in the WDF Rules.
NDFC Bull Rule
- A BULL throw shall determine the order of play in each match. The throwing order for the BULL throw shall be determined at the control desk or at the Match Board by a draw or the toss of a coin.
- Winner of the BULL throw shall throw first in the match and all subsequent “odd numbered legs” which will also include the “tie-break” leg if required.
- Loser of the BULL throw shall throw first in all “even numbered legs”.
- If the dart enters the “25” or “BULL” sector it must be removed before the opponent takes his/her throw.
- Re-throws shall be called for if the Referee cannot determine which dart is nearer the Bull, or if both darts are in the Bull, or if both darts are in the “25” ring. A re-throw shall be in the reverse order of the previous throw. The player who throws nearer the center of the dartboard shall throw first in the match.
DÉBUT OFFICIEL DU JEU NDFC
- Un lancer de BULL déterminera l'ordre de jeu de chaque match. L'ordre de lancement du lancer du BULL sera déterminé à la table de contrôle ou au tableau de match par un tirage au sort ou un flip (pièce de monnaie).
- Le gagnant du lancer de BULL lancera en premier dans le match et dans toutes les « étapes impaires » suivantes, qui incluront également l’étape « tie-break » si nécessaire.
- Le perdant du lancer du BULL lancera en premier dans toutes les « manches paires ».
- Si la fléchette pénètre dans le secteur « 25 » ou « BULL », elle doit être retirée avant que l'adversaire ne fasse son lancer.
- Des relances seront demandées si l'arbitre ne peut pas déterminer quelle fléchette est la plus proche du Bull, ou si les deux fléchettes sont dans le Bull, ou si les deux fléchettes sont dans l'anneau « 25 ». Un nouveau lancer doit être effectué dans l'ordre inverse du lancer précédent. Le joueur qui lance plus près du centre de la cible lancera en premier dans le match
Today begins the journey for our players representating Canada as part of the 2023 World Cup team. Representing Canada in Esbjerg, Denmark are:
|Darlene Van Sleeuwan
|Christine Stark - Team Manager
|Don Crookshanks - Team Manager
|Kerry McHattie - Girls Chaperone
|Richard Danis - Boys Chaperone
Match play can be followed on Dart Connect or visit dartswdf.com for the link to the livestream.
Good luck to our players!
An excerpt from recent communications from the WDF:
- Many of you will be aware that in previous years the PDC have not allowed male players that play in the PDC World Championship to go on to play at Lakeside. With the WDF Lakeside World Championships now scheduled to take place before the PDCs world championship, we have been speaking to the PDC about this ruling.
- To be clear, the WDFs view has always been that all players, male and female, should be allowed to play in both tournaments as they have reached the qualifying criteria for each tournament. We have expressed these views to the PDC and we have now been made aware of their decision.
- The PDC's Board of Directors have informed us (the WDF), that they will not allow anyone that plays at Lakeside between December 2nd-10th 2023 to go on to compete at the 2024 PDC World Championship later in the month. As such, players, both male and female, that qualify for both tournaments will have to make a decision on which World Championships they intend to play in.
Please see WDF website for full announcement regarding player eligibility.
2023 Election of Officers
As a result of the elections held in Saint Hyacinthe on June 25, 2023, we would like to extend our congratulations to Maggie Leblanc (President) and Brenda Dietrich (Vice-President-1 year term) for their successful submissions for positions on the executive.
Effective, July 1, 2023, the NDFC executive is as follows:
President – Maggie Leblanc (QC)
Vice-President (1 year term) – Brenda Dietrich (AB)
General Secretary – Christine Stark (NO)
Financial Director – Don Crookshanks (ON)
Membership Director – Mary Dezan (QC)
Youth Development Director – Sandi Orr (AB)
To assist with a smooth transition into and the transfer of knowledge required for the vice-president position, we request all emails for ranking and tournaments, etc that are sent to Brenda Dietrich also have Maggie Leblanc copied.
Thank you to everyone that helps make the 2023 Youth Nationals a success. Thank you to Kevin Bourque for putting the results in the NDFC Facebook page every day. Here are the full results.
As the youth teams begin traveling to Saint Hyacinthe Quebec for the 2023 Youth National Championships, we'd like to wish you all the best during the Championships and safe travels!
2023 Youth Provincial Team Lists
Stay tuned here and on Facebook for updates throughout the championship.
The following position is now open for nominations for a one-year term on the NDFC Executive:
• 1st Vice-President (interim)
Nominees must be an NDFC member in good standing in a Province or Territory for three (3) consecutive years and/or served on a Member Darts Body Board of Directors. The deadline to submit the nomination form is May 16, 2023.
Further details are included on the nomination form and found in the provincial directors section of the NDFC website.