As determined at the 2023 AGM in Ste-Hyacinthe, please be advised of the new Bull Rule that took affect on October 1, 2023. All -01 matches will begin with throwing at the bull and there is never another bull thrown, even if it is for the deciding leg. This mirrors the bull rule as contained in the WDF Rules.
NDFC Bull Rule
- A BULL throw shall determine the order of play in each match. The throwing order for the BULL throw shall be determined at the control desk or at the Match Board by a draw or the toss of a coin.
- Winner of the BULL throw shall throw first in the match and all subsequent “odd numbered legs” which will also include the “tie-break” leg if required.
- Loser of the BULL throw shall throw first in all “even numbered legs”.
- If the dart enters the “25” or “BULL” sector it must be removed before the opponent takes his/her throw.
- Re-throws shall be called for if the Referee cannot determine which dart is nearer the Bull, or if both darts are in the Bull, or if both darts are in the “25” ring. A re-throw shall be in the reverse order of the previous throw. The player who throws nearer the center of the dartboard shall throw first in the match.
Today begins the journey for our players representating Canada as part of the 2023 World Cup team. Representing Canada in Esbjerg, Denmark are:
|Darlene Van Sleeuwan
|Christine Stark - Team Manager
|Don Crookshanks - Team Manager
|Kerry McHattie - Girls Chaperone
|Richard Danis - Boys Chaperone
Match play can be followed on Dart Connect or visit dartswdf.com for the link to the livestream.
Good luck to our players!
An excerpt from recent communications from the WDF:
- Many of you will be aware that in previous years the PDC have not allowed male players that play in the PDC World Championship to go on to play at Lakeside. With the WDF Lakeside World Championships now scheduled to take place before the PDCs world championship, we have been speaking to the PDC about this ruling.
- To be clear, the WDFs view has always been that all players, male and female, should be allowed to play in both tournaments as they have reached the qualifying criteria for each tournament. We have expressed these views to the PDC and we have now been made aware of their decision.
- The PDC's Board of Directors have informed us (the WDF), that they will not allow anyone that plays at Lakeside between December 2nd-10th 2023 to go on to compete at the 2024 PDC World Championship later in the month. As such, players, both male and female, that qualify for both tournaments will have to make a decision on which World Championships they intend to play in.
Please see WDF website for full announcement regarding player eligibility.
2023 Election of Officers
As a result of the elections held in Saint Hyacinthe on June 25, 2023, we would like to extend our congratulations to Maggie Leblanc (President) and Brenda Dietrich (Vice-President-1 year term) for their successful submissions for positions on the executive.
Effective, July 1, 2023, the NDFC executive is as follows:
President – Maggie Leblanc (QC)
Vice-President (1 year term) – Brenda Dietrich (AB)
General Secretary – Christine Stark (NO)
Financial Director – Don Crookshanks (ON)
Membership Director – Mary Dezan (QC)
Youth Development Director – Sandi Orr (AB)
To assist with a smooth transition into and the transfer of knowledge required for the vice-president position, we request all emails for ranking and tournaments, etc that are sent to Brenda Dietrich also have Maggie Leblanc copied.
Thank you to everyone that helps make the 2023 Youth Nationals a success. Thank you to Kevin Bourque for putting the results in the NDFC Facebook page every day. Here are the full results.
As the youth teams begin traveling to Saint Hyacinthe Quebec for the 2023 Youth National Championships, we'd like to wish you all the best during the Championships and safe travels!
2023 Youth Provincial Team Lists
Stay tuned here and on Facebook for updates throughout the championship.
The following position is now open for nominations for a one-year term on the NDFC Executive:
• 1st Vice-President (interim)
Nominees must be an NDFC member in good standing in a Province or Territory for three (3) consecutive years and/or served on a Member Darts Body Board of Directors. The deadline to submit the nomination form is May 16, 2023.
Further details are included on the nomination form and found in the provincial directors section of the NDFC website.
The following positions are up for election at the 2023 Annual General Meeting in Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec in June:
- Membership Director
- Financial Director
Nominees for the position of President must have served a minimum of two full years on the NDFC Board of Directors.
Nominees for any other position on the NDFC Executive must be an NDFC member in good standing in a Province or Territory for three (3) consecutive years and/or served on a Member Darts Body Board of Directors.
The deadline to submit the nomination form is March 26, 2023. Further details are included on the nomination form.
Read more »
The NDFC owns the copyright of the following registered logos:
No person, corporation or organization is permitted to use these logos (on print material, on garments, electronically on websites, or otherwise) without written permission from the National Darts Federation of Canada.
Such permission must be requested by contacting email@example.com